Thursday, February 3, 2011

Habibi!!!

Well I guess I've finally caved.  Here for your reading pleasure is the beginning of my blogging career.  Save it to say, I think there has been too much of my trip so far to some up into one tiny blog post. However, I will try and catch you up to speed.  On January 4th 2011, I jetted off at 4 in the morning to the Salt Lake City airport to meet up with my Jerusalem Center class and head over to Israel.  We finally arrived only about 24 hours later and started our adventure!

I feel like I've bonded with every single person here, and each day brings better food, more shopping, and more places to see! 

yes that is the beautiful place I get to call home for the next 4 months

For those of you reading (especially Lauren Rawe and Kelsey Briggs) you will appreciate this picture...THE ROYAL PALACE! yes, for all of you who don't know, this picture is the only identification I missed on our humanities exam last semester.  DOME OF THE ROCK.
 And yes, I can literally walk here any day of the week now, and I can't believe I got this question wrong. 
Of course, there have been many other places I've been to so far, but I think the one that tops the books right now is Egypt!
yup, no big deal, it's not like I'm leaning against one of the pyramids at Giza or anything :)
and now I'm holding that pyramid in my hands!!!! yay for corny shots
and here are some of my lovely friends! We are quite the picture happy taking group, but who wouldn't be when you're at the PYRAMIDS!!!! 

Egypt ended up being kind of crazy because of all the rioting and what not, but thankfully BYU keeps us well protected at all times, and we were completely safe the entire time if any of you were worried about me :)...which you should have been!!! just kidding!

Now I know none of you people reading this at home will believe me...but yes I did some hiking while in Egypt. Yes, actual physical activity.  I hiked up Mount Sinai at 3 in the morning to see this beautiful sunrise
and if you don't believe that I hiked this beautiful mountain that my friend Moses once climbed...here's some proof for you non-believers (cough cough Brooke, Nick and Jordan)
Now we have returned home safely to our beloved Jerusalem center, and I'll be sure to keep you up to date with my next crazy adventures!!

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive with the hiking Britt, it looks like you are having a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHH! So excited you started being a blogger! And I about died at the Dome of the Rock comment. ha. I love and miss you

    ReplyDelete