Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Shepheeeeeeeeeeeeelah, Goliath's back!

I had by far one of the best free days ever this past monday!  I was lucky enough to go out with this gorgeous group of people
Panorama overlook of the Western Wall with a few of my favorite people

We ventured throughout the Jewish Quarter of the Old City, getting an awesome tour at the Ariel Center for the First Temple Period, and visiting the Broad Wall
at the Broad Wall, yes Nathanael looks like a stud...cuz he is

And then....SHOPPING! Sorry for Martin and Nathanael who had to suffer through a whole group of ladies shopping their hearts out in good old West Jerusalem.  But because of these guys, there were some very happy ladies, including me at the end of the day.
yes, it was quite a good day...well good for my closet, bad for my wallet.

Yesterday however, we went on our field trip out in the Shephelah, or low hill country, here in Israel.  Our day started early at 7:30, and we were out literally ALL DAY.  But once again, it was such an awesome day full of fun people and beautiful scenery.
A shot of the crazy lush green that we witnessed since we came during the best rainy semester!

Though it was cold and rainy, our day was still fun, as we got to re-enact the story of David and Goliath where it actually occurred, and I even got to practice my slingshot skills...though I might add I probably will not be going pro, as my rocks tended to fly out of my sling in the wrong direction or before I even started to swing haha

Maddi, Ally, and I at one of our sites

Faith, Nathanael, Jessica, Mark, and Kristin in the Shephelah!

All in all our Judd class had a great time!
And this was the view we witnessed to end our day of field-tripping :)

love you all!!!
Britt

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you're in Jerusalem too?!? Haha Faith, Jessica, and Brittnie were in my ward last year... I just got back from spending Fall semester there. BEST THING OF MY LIFE!! Don't waste one minute because you're going to miss it for the rest of your life!
    Haha will you tell Muhlesteins and Judds and Chaddy hi for me?? I miss and love them all!
    PS I had this same background on my Jeru blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Meredith and Britt, you know each other? I love this. Two wonderful worlds collided. Britt is my roommie here, Meredith! And I read your WHOLE Jeru blog with this same background before I came. Very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete