Saturday, February 5, 2011

Decisions Decisions

Well the decision has been made.  Last night I officially changed my major from business management to public relations.  My friend Emily Tsai from back home was so nice, helping look things up and listening to me ramble about life plans that I've been trying to make, and she was the one that called in my decision.  Done deal guys, I have officially declared!!!  Well, that is, once I get into the major and everything.  I still have to do the prereqs :/  But this decision is seriously a load off my chest.  I'd say that I've been mulling over it for about the last 6 months or so, and I feel really good about this decision, no regrets.  As terrifying as it was to make this final decision, it has taught me so much about how my Heavenly Father is guiding me.

Today in church, since here we have our sabbath on Saturday, it was undeniable the spirit I felt.  Ever since I've gotten to this beautiful place, it has been clear to me how strong I can feel the spirit.  But it's not just the spirit of these places that touch me, it's also the spirit of all the people here.  I know it sounds super corny, but I can see how the gospel works its way into each student here, and each faculty member in fact.  Something about this place makes each person glow.  Maybe it's the fact that we get to walk where the Savior walked every day, or just the amazing beauty of Jerusalem, but I can see every day how the testimony and spirit of each person here touches me and increases my testimony of the gospel.

I love it here, and I love every moment I get to spend with all of these incredible people.  They might not know it, but every day I'm with them, they are helping me grow closer to my Heavenly Father, just by being themselves and by the examples they are setting for me.  I want to be just like them and emanate that spirit of Christ for others.

For all of you back home, I love and miss you!  If I could, I'd bring you all here to be with me for every step of this adventure!

...and  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF SCHWARTING!!!!! THE BIG 24 WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

love always,
britt

No comments:

Post a Comment