Monday, February 21, 2011

Biblical Adventures!

Yay for field trips full of fun Biblical experiences...exhibit A: Herding Sheep
Well this is me and my new buddy...goat
  
So i guess technically that picture was of me and a goat...but you can see the sheep in the background!  Well anyways, our field trip was to this awesome place called Neot Kedumim, which I'm pretty sure is a national park.  Besides herding sheep, we got to do lots of other cool things straight out of the Bible!  Some of those things were...
 Making our own Zatar, which is a very popular spice here in Israel.  We ground up this tiny little plant, and walah! We received a wonderful seasoning for our pita!  And while we're on the subject of pita, guess what else we got to do.  Yup, you guessed it.  We made our own pita bread, and it was straight up boy scout style.  We had to make our own dough, our own fires, etc.  We even cooked the pitas on top of a metal bowl...I'd say that's pretty innovative.
 Overall, I think that this was one of my favorite field trips thus far!  This place was just so beautiful, and because we all chose to come to Jerusalem during the winter, we are the only ones who get to see the lush green that cover the low hills or (shephelah) which is where we were.  And we learned a lot of Biblical principals here, not so much doctrine, but rather the actual things people during those times ate, cooked, etc.
Emily, Abby, Ally, and I with our new pet sheep

Today, however, was a totally different experience.  We've been experiencing quite a few rain storms this week, so I was pretty skeptical about this field trip today thinking that we'd be completely poured on.  But thankfully the Lord was on our side today when it came to the weather.  We ended up making it to the City of David completely dry!...leaving was a different story though.  But don't worry, we didn't get rained on. We trekked through Hezekiah's Tunnel!  It was such an awesome experience walking underground, in knee deep water for most people...though I'm not most people, so it was thigh high for me, in a man-made tunnel holding so much history!
Donovan, me, Ally, Emily, and Abby after our crazy tunnel walk!
Joshua, Me, and Nathanael in the City of David (of course Joshua refuses to look good for the camera)
Our lovely awkward family photo...yes I look disappointed in my children
Love ending on funny pictures :)
love and miss you all!
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment