Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer...in a nutshell :)

Somehow I've gotten super behind on blogging. Summer is almost over, and I haven't posted anything till now. So for that, I'm sorry!


I guess I've just been super distracted lately with school, being sick on and off for the past month, and just life in general. But finally I have some time to just sit down and write.


Where to start...ok how about with the fact that my best friend Brooke got married this past may!!! it was such a pretty wedding, and I couldn't have asked for a better guy for her. Her and Curren have been living here in Provo now, and luckily I still get to see her about once a week.


Me and the beautiful bride!
Huge wedding party outside the Newport Beach Temple 
All of the bridesmaids at the Arizona reception. McKinzie caught the bouquet haha
Me featuring the lovely couple

Maddi and I were asked to sing the couple's wedding song at the luncheon "Beautiful Love" by the Afters
Then once the the wedding festivities ended, that meant I had to get back to real life and head back to Provo for summer term classes. Though don't worry, I didn't let school get in the way of play time :) Yes, I have been going to classes and working super hard writing for the BYU Universe...but it's summer! And a girl needs to play and get her social butterfly on!


So in order to get my roommates Cami and Sophia to socialize, we decided to have monthly dessert parties. The last one we had was in honor of Sophia and our friend Leigh's birthdays! And let me tell you, they are quite the hit here at the Enclave. 

Me and the beautiful birthday girls.
Sometimes our parties take a turn for the worse, and we get thrown in the pool. But we rock the wet look ;)

And what would summer be without our Asian PowWows!? Living with Sophia has truly brought out my asian side, and I love it. Because of her, I've started making asian food on a normal basis. And we're not the only people in the ward that love asian food! We call it our Asian powwow group, which usually consists of me, Sophia, Thongvun, and Anthony.
On occasion, we get visitors that work at NuSkin with Thongvun

And what's even crazier is that this summer I've been camping and hiking a lot! So crazy, and any person who knows me really well will know that this is a huge step for me. It's probably because my friend Zack Woodmansee is very good at convincing me to participate. He and I have discovered that we are basically the same person. He's just the white male version of me, but it's probably a huge reason as to why we get along so well and hang out on a daily basis. Here are some pictures of all the active things he's gotten me to do this summer.
 at the Mona rope swing
 starting a late night campout in Cedar City
group picture in the "narrows" of kanaraville
we decided we should start a band because of how epic we looked walking down the street together with our matching bandanas

And something else I've been pretty proud of this summer is my music playing abilities! I've been practicing really hard on my guitar that I got this past year. Brooke's wedding was just the beginning. I've sang at a few open mics here in provo, and I even sang at our ward's open mic. Singing is something that I have always loved, and being able to play the guitar is only making me want to pursue music even more!

And of course, what would summer, or life for that matter, be without some quality roommate bonding time. I've been so lucky to be able to live with Cami since freshmen year, and now that I've moved into this new apartment, I have the opportunity to live with Sophia and Ally...though Ally has been in Washington D.C. for far too long!!! It's been such a blessing, and we always have a good time together :)
These lovely ladies came with me and some ward friends to the park by the MTC to watch the 4th of July fireworks!

So as far as recaps go, I'd say that is a pretty good synopsis of how my summer has been this far. Now on to my last week of summer classes and finals, and then I get to go home for a few weeks before Fall term starts!

I PROMISE I will be better at updating my blog! So till next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment