Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wait...I went to Peru?

Goodness! In case you guys didn't know, after I returned home from my amazing Jerusalem experience, 3 days later I jetted off again to Peru with my family.  I guess I must have caught a lot of germs or something because I left sick as a dog...not so much fun.  However, Peru was also quite the experience.  Here are some pictures from my amazing adventure!
I found a new passion for photography! I got a brand new camera for this trip, nothing special, but anything would be better than my old camera.  So this is a beautiful cathedral in Lima.
me and my parents in the main square in Lima
yup, my first taste of frozen yogurt after Jerusalem...and it was Pinkberry in Lima!
me and my sister with some cute local kids
Machu Picchu!!!
helping out at a local school, these were my students
just a really cute mother and son photo. the outfit she's wearing is authentic for their specific village
seriously, the sky was blue like this the ENTIRE trip. loved it. this is the village that our tour guide Raul was from
I just thought it was cool to see the stepped structures they used for farming and other agricultural things, while next to this really cool Catholic church
ya, no big deal...just some cow mouths laying around
This was the coolest church building I've ever seen!! it was the branch house on one of the many "floating islands" on Lake Titikaka...yes the islands are actually floating on the lake. AAAAMAZING!
After a little bit of a climb up to one village atop this mountain on Lake Titikaka, I found this sign pointing to the directions of many prominent cities...yes that's right, JERUSALEM is one of those cities. MADE MY DAY!
local village market
We got to eat with these very traditional Incan villagers. VERY COOL

So, better late than never! Definitely a trip to remember :)

2 comments:

  1. Britt. Those pictures are sweet! Either your photography skills are improving, or your new camera is awesome!...not that your photography skills weren't good before. haha. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i give most of the credit for the cooler lookin pictures to my new camera. but thanks for dissing my previous camera skills!!!!! :p

    ReplyDelete